Tax Manager (Rochester, NY)
EFPR Group is seeking a Tax Manager to join its growing team, in the Rochester, NY Office. The Tax Manager will be responsible for the oversight of the tax reporting, tax planning and compliance function and will supervise the completion of accurate tax returns in order to minimize the tax obligations of an organization. Must be familiar with regulations at the federal, state and local level.
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your career and develop your skills in such areas as tax compliance, research, consulting and strategy development.
- Manage the client relationship to ensure minimization of tax and reporting burdens as well as compliance with all applicable authorities, Firm policies and BDO Tax Quality Manual (“TQM”)
- Plan and review the tax process and the procedures to be performed to include:
- Budgeting and staffing
- Monitoring engagement process and actual time incurred vs. budget
- Timely billing including management of identified out-of-scope activity and communication to client
- Timely collection of A/R
- Determine when/if research is required; clearly frame issues to be researched and concisely report the analysis.
- Assist with developing, recommending, and implementing efficient and effective methods to maximize client benefits, especially by decreasing clients’ current and future tax liabilities.
- Serve as a technical resource
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the technical and practical issues and opportunities regarding one or more areas of taxation, e.g., individual, corporate, corporate, pass-through, state and local, international, expatriate, credits and incentives.
- May be required to organize and conduct effective internal CPE training sessions in area of specialization
- Develop new or improved ideas to advance the position of clients, the Firm, or Firm personnel (by reducing taxes or expenses or providing non-tax benefits)
- Supervise Associates and Senior Associates on all projects
- Schedule and manage workload for team
- Frame projects and issues for effective delegation
- Review work prepared by Associates and Senior Associates and provide review comments
- Train Associates and Senior Associates on all current software tools
- Act as Career Advisor to Associates and Senior Associates
- Provide effective assistance with exam support
- Provide verbal and written performance feedback
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field
- Masters degree in Accounting beneficial, masters degree in taxation preferred
- CPA Licensed
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of prior experience
- Experience with corporate taxation, consolidations, and partnerships preferred
- Experience with tax research databases such as BNA and RIA Proficient in all tax compliance process software including GoFileRoom, GoSystemRS, Caseware, BNA Depreciation Software, or comparable programs and standard tax workpapers
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat
- Executive presence and ability to act as primary client contact for preparation and presentation of issues and resolutions to clients
- Capable of effectively developing and maintaining client relationships
- Ability to prepare clearly written tax advice
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills as well as decision-making skills
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Ability to effectively delegate work as needed
- Capacity to work well in a team environment
- Capable of developing and managing a team of tax professionals
EFPR Group LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.