Tax Director – Tax & Business Services (Buffalo, NY)
Responsible for oversight of the tax reporting, tax planning and compliance function. Will supervise the completion of accurate tax returns in order to minimize the tax obligations of an organization. Must be familiar with regulations at the federal, state and local level.
- Serves as lead contact to interact with client. Ensures both that (a) clients comply with all applicable authorities, while at the same time minimizing their tax and reporting burdens, and (b) self and client service teams comply with all Firm policies, standards, and the BDO Tax Quality Manual (“TQM”).
- Conducts top level review of T/R and resolves all tax issues with client; involves specialists where appropriate
- Communicates with client and assures any issues identified are communicated to the appropriate Partner/Director assigned to the client.
- Manages client relationships/expectations in accordance with the project o Provides advice to clients in a timely manner;
- Identifies when research is needed; clearly and concisely frames issues to be researched; and clearly and concisely reports the analysis.
- Assists with developing, recommending, and implementing efficient and effective methods to maximize client benefits, especially by decreasing clients’ current and future taxes.
- Serves as a technical resource
- Ensures client service teams comply with Firm policy
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the technical and practical issues and opportunities regarding one or more areas of taxation, e.g., individual, corporate, corporate, pass-through, state and local, international, expatriate, credits and incentives.
- May be required to organize and conduct effective internal CPE training sessions in area of specialization, involving Firm specialists
- Supervises Supervisors and Managers
- Reviews work prepared by Supervisors and Managers; provides review comments
- Serves as a Career Advisor
- Schedules and manages workload
- Provides verbal and written performance feedback
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field
- Masters degree in Accounting beneficial, masters degree in taxation preferred
- CPA Licensed
- Five (5) or more years of experience preferred
- Experience with corporate taxation, consolidations, and partnerships preferred
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively delegate work as needed
- Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills as well as decision-making skills
- Capacity to work well in a team environment
- Capable of developing and managing a team of tax professionals
- Ability to compose written tax advice
- Capable of effectively developing and maintaining client relationships
- Executive presence and ability to act as primary client contact for preparation and presentation of issues and resolutions to clients
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with tax research databases such as BNA and RIA Proficient in all tax compliance process software including GoFileRoom, GoSystemRS, Caseware, BNA Depreciation Software, or comparable programs and standard tax workpapers
The Firm offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as excellent opportunities for career development and advancement.
EFPR Group LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.