Senior Accountant – Tax & Business Services (Corning, NY)
- Prepare and/or review complex business and individual tax returns.
- Develop effective working relationships with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance services.
- Ability to identify and research tax issues, develop resolutions, and prepare written conclusions.
- Assist with the developing, training and mentoring of staff and interns.
- Recognize the opportunity to provide new and innovative services.
- Have the initiative to learn new tax skills and our diverse client base that the Firm offers including but not limited to public company tax services, banking and financial industry tax services, international, cross-border and expatriate compliance services, and transaction advisory services.
- Current CPA or significant progression towards completing certification
- 3+ years of tax experience in a public accounting firm or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Self-starter with the ability to handle and manage multiple priorities
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Experience with ProSystems Engagement software is a plus
- Experience with tax research software
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with necessary 150 credit hours
- Masters degree a plus
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or significant progress towards completing licensure
EFPR Group LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.