Staff Accountant – Tax & Business Services (Corning, NY)
About the Opportunity:
EFPR Group is seeking Staff Accountants, with 1-3 years of experience in public accounting to join its Tax and Business Services Team in. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for working on multiple client engagements, delivering quality and timely service. The Company offers a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree with major in accounting, Masters Degree a plus
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or significant progress towards completing licensure.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, organizational, technological and analytical skills.
Job Duties to include the following by not limited to:
- Prepare and/or review complex business and individual tax returns.
- Develop effective working relationships with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance services.
- Ability to identify and research tax issues, develop resolutions, and prepare written conclusions.
- Assist with the developing, training and mentoring of staff and interns.
- Recognize the opportunity to provide new and innovative services.
- Have the initiative to learn new tax skills and our diverse client base that the Firm offers including but not limited to public company tax services, banking and financial industry tax services, international, cross-border and expatriate compliance services, and transaction advisory services.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to handle and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Experience with ProSystems Engagement software is a plus.
- Experience with tax research software.
- Proficient computer skills in:
- Creative Solutions
- Sage Accounting
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills for facilitating all firm billing with partners, bill managers and clients.
- Possess the ability to listen and handle elevated situations as they arise and maintain professionalism in difficult conversations with staff and clients.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, due date oriented environment.
- Extreme confidentiality required.
- Ask appropriate questions as needed.
EFPR Group LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.